[erlang-questions] Designing supervision trees

Alessandro Sivieri alessandro.sivieri@REDACTED
Thu May 6 12:07:15 CEST 2010

2010/5/5 Scott Lystig Fritchie <fritchie@REDACTED>

> Garrett et al., there's an OTP stdlib module specifically for that kind
> of situation, see 'supervisor_bridge'.

How this is supposed to be used? I mean, I have seen your example, so I
think there should be a supervisor_bridge process (under the main
supervisor) dedicated to spawn non-otp children, and it should be separated
from the current gen_server process; but then, the supervisor_bridge:init
function documentation says that the Pid returned should be the main
subsystem Pid, but if the bridge launches several processes, which is the
main one?
Or there should be a bridge for each subprocess?

--
Sivieri Alessandro
alessandro.sivieri@REDACTED