[erlang-questions] Special syntax for dictionaries

Sergey Samokhin prikrutil@REDACTED
Wed May 5 22:52:31 CEST 2010

Hello.

> but it's NOT a hashmap because it's NOT mutable, the keys
> may only be atoms, and it's intended for fast matching of
> groups of at most low dozens of entries, being a replacement
> for -record, not dictionaries.

Actually I would prefer not to be limited by "keys are only atoms"
rule (but still having pattern-matching functionality). For example,
dictionary where keys can be strings is superior for representing JSON
documents, that, say, can be fetched from MongoDB and have a lot of
long strings as keys.

--
Sergey Samokhin