[erlang-questions] inets and https

Michael McDaniel erlangy@REDACTED
Sat May 1 16:52:01 CEST 2010

On Sat, May 01, 2010 at 07:03:35AM -0600, Wes James wrote:
> I can find many things about http:request but I can't find much on
> getting an https page or posting to an https page.  I would like to
> also grab a cookie (on the version page grab) and then carry the
> cookie along with the future posts to an https site.  Does anyone have
> any examples of this?  I couldn't find one thing via google about even
> getting an https page and I just don't understand
> http://www.erlang.org/doc/apps/ssl/index.html docs.
>
> thx,
>
> -wes

 I suggest installing the provided Erlang documentation
 locally on your workstation.

 Then, you can search locally.  For instance, in my browser
 I went to

  file:///usr/local/lib/erlang/lib/inets-5.2/doc/html/http.html

 and searched on ssl.  First find was in a big green Note box ...

  "If the scheme https is used the ssl application needs to be started."

 So, I did the following ...

$ erl

 Erlang R13B03 (erts-5.7.4) [smp:1:1] [rq:1] [async-threads:0] [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]

Eshell V5.7.4  (abort with ^G)
1> inets:start().
ok
2> ssl:start().