[erlang-questions] Difference between erlang:send_after and timer:send_after?

Bernard Duggan bernie@REDACTED
Wed Jun 30 01:36:21 CEST 2010

On 29/06/10 18:17, Fredrik Andersson wrote:
> These two functions seems to be doing the exact same thing (sending a
> message after a certain amount of time) but I was wondering why they
> are both there. Should timer:send_after not be replacing
> erlang:send_after or am I missing something here?
Yep - you're missing the bit in the efficiency guide that explains the
difference :)
http://www.erlang.org/doc/efficiency_guide/commoncaveats.html#id2262042

If anything, the timer: version should be removed but no doubt that
would break people's code :)