nif resources

Rapsey rapsey@REDACTED
Thu Jun 24 08:54:47 CEST 2010

If a resource was created within a thread (and released with
enif_release_resource), then sent to some erlang process. Will that erlang
process have a handle to the resource (thus prevent it from being released)
even if it did not save it anywhere (the variable for the resource was
ignored)?
This is the behavior I am seeing. Unless I kill the process which received
the resource, it will never get released. Is there any way to make an erlang
process release it's handle to the resource?
I'm using R14A

thank you,
Sergej