code:clash() and symbolic links

Russell Brown russell.brown@REDACTED
Sat Jun 19 21:50:10 CEST 2010

Hi,
I did a google search on code clash and symbolic links, and checked the man pages for the code module and found nothing to answer this question: why is it that I get lots of code clash if I have a symlink to erlang?

My set up is to have erlang-RXXXX and erlang-RXXXX-1 on the same machine and just change the symlink of erlang->erlangRXXXX that I am working with. When I do this however I get code clash warnings for every beam. Without the symlink no code clash. Only the link is on my path/ref'd by $ERL_LIBS, not the target too.

Sorry if it has been asked before but I couldn't find it through google-ing. I know it is trivial but I worry that a genuine clash report will be drowned out by the noise.

Many thanks

Russell