[erlang-questions] Wrong large 64bit return-values from Erlang Linkedin Driver

Thijs Terlouw thijsterlouw@REDACTED
Fri Jun 18 11:19:20 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 2:41 PM, Thijs Terlouw <thijsterlouw@REDACTED> wrote:
> I didn't look if the same bug is also in other parts of the
> code.

The bug is present in other code as well, for example the
"erts_uint64_to_big" function has the same problem. It seems to affect
all current Erlang versions (up to R13B04 and R14A). There is an
additional bug in "erts/emulator/beam/utils.c" in the functions
erts_bld_sint64 and erts_bld_uint64. On line 367 and on line 384 it
should read "*szp +=" instead of "*szp =" I believe. This solved the
problems related to crashes with multiple bignums inside a list for
me. After all these changes, it seems to work good for me :)

Do I need to submit these bugs to the bugs mailing list as well? I
have no idea how to make official patches.

Thijs