[erlang-questions] Erlang/OTP R14A has been released

Hans Bolinder hans.bolinder@REDACTED
Thu Jun 17 08:40:22 CEST 2010

[Vlad Dumitrescu:]
> A question about this entry in the readme file:
>     The Erlang scanner has been augmented with two new tokens: .. and ....
>
> Why and where are they used?

They are used in types. A third token used in types only, '::', was
introduced in R12B, I think, probably for technical reasons.

Now it is possible to state an integer range as "1 .. 10" (with a
space after '..'). Before R14A the second dot was scanned as a 'dot'
token.

Best regards,

Hans Bolinder, Erlang/OTP team, Ericsson