[erlang-questions] processes by name

Torben Hoffmann torben.lehoff@REDACTED
Tue Jun 15 22:45:12 CEST 2010

Hi John,

To the best of my knowledge you cannot get an error report on processes to
show their names, but if you create a process using one of the OTP
components the error reports are a lot nicer.

Or you could go the extra mile and create your own registion+monitor process
which should keep track of the processes and their names, but I think that
going the OTP route is better since you get so many things for almost free.
I find it so nice that you can prototype quite easily even with OTP and
since you are operating inside a framework you will most of the time be able
to evolve your code gradually to production quality without having to throw
away the prototype.

Sorry for the a-side, but I just couldn't hold it back ;-)

Cheers,
Torben

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/torbenhoffmann