[erlang-questions] Bypassing the expression parser

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Tue Jun 15 10:31:02 CEST 2010

Mathuvathanan Mounasamy wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I read this in this link
> http://ulf.wiger.net/weblog/2007/11/21/extending-the-erlang-shell-part-2

[...]
> But I couldn't understand and achieve this. Can someone please explain how
> to do this?

It required some patching. The patches are available through links
in the blog article, but they have not been ported to the latest
version of OTP.

http://svn.ulf.wiger.net/ext_shell/

The changes should perhaps be re-written in a form more suitable
for OTP patches, but in order to do that work, I would like to
have some community feedback indicating that it would actually
be worthwhile (in fact, as the code is available, you don't
even have to wait for me to do it. ;-)

BR,
Ulf W
--
Ulf Wiger
CTO, Erlang Solutions Ltd, formerly Erlang Training & Consulting Ltd

WE'VE CHANGED NAMES!

www.erlang-solutions.com