[erlang-questions] Using supervisor:start_child without an id

Mon Jun 14 23:56:42 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 11:54 PM, gershon bialer
<gershon.bialer@REDACTED> wrote:

> As I understand it, OTP supervisors require an id for every process
> supervised. Since:
>
> child_spec() = {Id,StartFunc,Restart,Shutdown,Type,Modules}.
>
> However, I don't want to create an Id everytime, I add a process. Is
> there anyway to add child processes to a supervisor, without creating
> a new id?

simple_one_for_one supervisors might be what you want. Read their
documentation carefully as they are a tad different from normal
id-given supervised processes.

--
J.