[erlang-questions] monitor and failure detectors

Johan Montelius johanmon@REDACTED
Mon Jun 7 09:55:34 CEST 2010

Agree, there is no point in delaying information but if I have a
distributed system with plenty of nodes and I want five processes (on
different nodes) to monitor each other more closely, then I could let them
have a monitor timeout of two seconds while all other nodes monitor each
other as usual with a 60s timeout.

If one had this approach one could of course also ask the question - if we
don't have any nodes monitoring each other (or links between them) then
why query the status of another node at all? Setting up heartbeats between
nodes could be a on demand service.

   Johan

--
Associate Professor Johan Montelius