Missing SQL

Henning Diedrich hd2010@REDACTED
Fri Jun 4 00:12:56 CEST 2010

Harald Weppner and I got into a brief exchange about his experience
using key-value-stores.

One central theme ran like this:

"The main issue with key-value stores and dropping SQL is that
relationships don't magically go away and that you constantly juggle the
question of whether it's better to represent relationships in the value
or in the key."

More here: http://www.eonblast.com/blog/missing-sql/

Disclaimer: I am currently working on Erlvolt, which is an Erlang API to
VoltDB, which promises  scaling, ACID and SQL. Obviously I like that
promise a lot.

Before anyone get's sad, let me just say that there are different tools
best suited for different applications.

Henning