[erlang-questions] my socket can't handle the load

Kaiduan Xie kaiduanx@REDACTED
Thu Jun 3 02:59:02 CEST 2010

Pablo,

Have you considered any chance the call of
gen_tcp:send(State#state.socket, Packet) getting blocked? For example,
a slow receiver. If gen_tcp:send() is getting blocked, hand_call()
will get blocked, and gen_server will slow down. Please look the
example listed in gen_tcp,

http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/gen_tcp.html#examples

Kaiduan