[erlang-questions] gen_tcp TCP Internals

Attila Rajmund Nohl attila.r.nohl@REDACTED
Tue Jul 27 11:10:06 CEST 2010

2010/7/27, maruthavanan s <maruthavanan_s@REDACTED>:

> Hi,
>

> Is is possible to or delay the ACK of SYN using gen_tcp functions? Because I
> have scenario where when I get a connection request on the server which I
> need to validate and then only I should decide whether to send ACK or not.

I believe this is done on the operating system kernel level. I presume
you don't have much information about the incoming connection request,
except it's source IP address and TCP port, so you can configure your
firewall to reject connections based on this information.