[erlang-questions] Volunteers wanted for new project

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Thu Jul 22 12:58:41 CEST 2010

I think that http://projects.trapexit.org/ seems like a
reasonably good fit for what you are asking for.

It crawls github, sourceforge, bitbucket and google code
searching for erlang-related projects. If you have an
account (free of charge) on trapexit, you can rate
components, and add comments/info on related trapexit
forums and wiki.

There are several improvements that could be considered.
One is to move it to faster hardware. Please give feedback.

BR,
Ulf W

Dale Harvey wrote:
> On 22 July 2010 09:33, Joe Armstrong <erlang@REDACTED> wrote:
>>
>> What I want is a "report a resource" thing on the web.
>>
>> All you should have to do is go to a web site fill in a form with the
>> following:
>>
>>           resource type: erlang
>>           reported by: <name>
>>           url: <url>
>>           keywords: <k1,k2,k3>
>>           <click>
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> We also need a search engine to answer resource queries.
>>
>>    My guess is that a reputation based system would be pretty good. I
>>    don't want to name names but we all know that if <XYZ> recommended
>>    something it must be pretty good.
>>
>> So if this doesn't exist I think we should build it as a group effort.
>> Even if it does exist we should build it, I'll tell you why later.
>>

> Most open source projects live in github these days, including most erlang
> ones, we can search based on languages and keyword, followers / watchers is
> a reputation system.
>
> I think we already have this, just a matter of making sure the rest use it
> (and possibly a custom / improved search?)
[...]

--
Ulf Wiger
CTO, Erlang Solutions Ltd, formerly Erlang Training & Consulting Ltd