[erlang-questions] Lack of warning for overlapping clauses with

Hynek Vychodil hynek@REDACTED
Mon Jul 19 08:17:56 CEST 2010

f(N) when N==1; N==2 ->
   false;
f(1) ->
   ok.

is not same as

f(1) ->
   false;
f(2) ->
   false;
f(1) ->
   ok.

Following is:

f(N) when N=:=1; N=:=2 ->
   false;
f(1) ->
   ok.

Former is hard to realize for compiler even it is possible.

--
--Hynek (Pichi) Vychodil

Analyze your data in minutes. Share your insights instantly. Thrill
your boss.  Be a data hero!
Try GoodData now for free: www.gooddata.com