[erlang-questions] Is it possible to create an application release without kernel, stdlib and sasl?

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Fri Jul 16 13:34:11 CEST 2010

Kernel and stdlib are mandatory. Sasl isn't.

BR,
Ulf W

Alexander Kotelnikov wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I've never bothered to create OTP releases before and now decided to
> learn about it.
>
> I am playing with a tiny application. Normally when a release is
> created it includes whole erlang system - kernel, stdlib and sasl.
>
> Bu on
> http://www.erlang.org/doc/design_principles/release_structure.html#id2273097
> I nocitced that documentation tells about possibly several ROOT
> directories, which sounds to be a handy approach: I would not touch my
> systems's erlang core installation and in my own ROOT I would have my
> application with their ows release processes.
>
> Is there a way to do so? systools provides some means to exclude
> undesired applications from a release, but I had not found a way to
> install such release to a new ROOT where core erlang applications are
> not installed.
>
> Alexander

Ulf Wiger
CTO, Erlang Solutions Ltd, formerly Erlang Training & Consulting Ltd
http://www.erlang-solutions.com