[erlang-questions] Slave node and open file

Nicholas Frechette zeno490@REDACTED
Wed Jul 7 15:59:12 CEST 2010

Couldn't you connect the slave to the master and link against say, the
supervisor process of the master? If the node goes down or shuts down, won't
that take down the slave as well?
You could even do all that from the master node via rpc module (ie: fork
slave node with name 'foo', use rpc to fork a process that links both the
process on the master that simply kills the slave node when it receives the
node down message).
You can even send the code from the master such that it doesn't need to be
where the slave is started.
Unless there is a cleaner way to do it, that's probably how I would hack it
up if I had to.