[erlang-questions] finding hard to find bugs in production systems

Fredrik Thulin ft@REDACTED
Mon Jan 25 09:31:59 CET 2010

On Sun, 2010-01-24 at 23:51 -0600, Scott Lystig Fritchie wrote:
> Fredrik, have you tried using etop?  It's easy enough to find the CPU
> pig, though identifying exactly what that pig is doing isn't always so
> easy.

No, it was several years since I looked at etop. Thanks for reminding me
about it, I should have thought of that myself.

How would a bug in some low level function like the one discussed in

http://old.nabble.com/100--CPU-usage-on-Mac-OS-X-Leopard-after-peer-closes-socket-td16731178.html

look in etop? Does anyone know?

Etop isn't ideal though since it requires some knowledge to use, and
also might not be practically usable in a situation where everyone wants
the production system back to normal state as soon as possible...

/Fredrik