[erlang-questions] OT: Please highlight me about JAVA C++ as high level languages just like erlang.

Angel J. Alvarez Miguel clist@REDACTED
Thu Jan 21 01:38:47 CET 2010

yeah!! ive read paul some months ago!!

Over the last year, reading this list and the archives i was able to
rediscover a whole new glossary of computers concepts that i was poorly
teached at university or simply i lacked at all.

Well, in fact i was considering learning lisp when i discovered erlang...

Paul cites "the continuum of computer languages" over where you seat with your
language and see up and down...

Still many people a ive meet are today positioned at C like languages so they
tend to lookup upper in the continuum where they "see" C++ and Java.

Pual says  "You can see that machine language is very low level. But, at least
as a kind of social convention, high-level languages are often all treated as
equivalent. They're no"

C++ "the generic C++" C99?, C2k3? and C0x? who knows?, people doesnt care
about and treat all of them as a unique language.

can be stiil those C++ stiill be considered High level, maybe java can retain
her majesty, has generics, garbage collector but C++???

It so where is erlang?? for me clearly is even higher than those, more now
that people begins to seriously consider processes a better abstractions than
objects at least the minimun suppport needed to leverage good real world
objects...

it seems to me that more and more people begins to see those languages not so
"high level" but nobody stills states that clearly (despite paul's efforts).

Well maybe Joe and some others here think this way since long time...