[erlang-questions] Re: Running Erlang on Android (like running sheep on electricity)

Jayson Vantuyl kagato@REDACTED
Fri Jan 15 19:40:20 CET 2010

It appears that there is something that approximates libc on Android
(even called libc.so). Here's a link to a guy that first built a
minimal Debian install, then later figured out how to patch a project
(in this case, Mono) to run natively.

http://www.koushikdutta.com/2009/01/compiling-mono-under-android-build.html

As much as I don't particularly care for what Google has done, Java,
Python, Ruby, and .NET can run on Android. If Erlang doesn't, I don't
think the reasons are so much technical as they are more a lack of
time and desire to do it.  In either case, let's not blame Google.
That's an unnecessary excuse.

Sent from my iPhone