[erlang-questions] Benchmarks

Isaac Gouy igouy2@REDACTED
Tue Jan 12 20:57:42 CET 2010

On Tue, 12 Jan 2010, Henning Diedrich wrote:

> As for motivation, I am asking for in-house selling if you will. Winning
> people over to even accept Erlang to the list of valid options.

You seem to be talking about either Erlang versus C.

Shouldn't you be talking about either Erlang plus C versus C plus other infrastructure?

On the same page as those benchmarks which "look somewhat bad" is a link to this -

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/flawed-benchmarks.php#scope

> "Performance Measurements of Threads in Java and Processes in Erlang"

Does Jarrod Roberson's comment about those other benchmarks "they are irrelevant as none of those things are what Erlang is designed to do REALLY WELL" apply to this too?

*irrelevant as none of those things are what Java is designed to do REALLY WELL*

Having said that, take note of -

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/u64/benchmark.php?test=threadring&lang=java&id=2

as well as

http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/u64/benchmark.php?test=threadring