[erlang-questions] Benchmarks

Henning Diedrich hd2010@REDACTED
Tue Jan 12 04:00:42 CET 2010

>> http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/u64q/benchmark.php?test=all&lang=hipe&lang2=gcc
>>
>> Would you have bullet points for me as to how they might be misleading or
>> only a part of a bigger picture - or simply just so?
>>
>> Thanks a lot,
>> Henning
>>

> they are irrelevant as none of those things are what Erlang is designed to
> do REALLY WELL.

Certainly that's the expected defense. Could you spell that out
specifically? And, besides the Yaws / Mochi / Apache shoot outs, are
there current benchmarks or any metrics out there that show results of
which there is some agreement in the community that they do measure
something that IS relevant? And I mean that widely, like, on average 1/4
of code vs. C. That'd be a valid point.

Thanks,
Henning