[erlang-questions] Erlang ping on the internet

Torben Hoffmann torben.lehoff@REDACTED
Mon Jan 11 22:27:18 CET 2010

Hi Mike,

You are probably behind a NAT, so for this to work Erlang needs to be able
to do hole punching using STUN and/or TURN - one could make it work with a
more primitive solution, but when there is a standard available...

Your problem is that Erlang does not have the ability to do hole punching
(in whatever form) - Joe has that on his to-do list for the Erlang library
he has just recently started creating.

Cheers,
Torben

--