[erlang-questions] Is there a way to generate PDFs with edoc?

Kenneth Lundin kenneth.lundin@REDACTED
Thu Jan 7 23:58:10 CET 2010

The way we use to produce html and pdf documentation in Erlang/OTP
from R13B-3 works like this:

If edoc markup in the sources then
   run edoc with docb_edoc_xml_cb (from docbuilder app) as layout
callback module
   This produces XML according to the DTDs described in docbuilder
   feed this XML into erl_docgen (introduced in R13B03) which uses
xsltproc and xslt for the transformation to html and xsl-fo
   the xsl-fo is fed into Apache FOP which produces PDF.

I.e there is no use of Latex in this.
You don't need to program anything your self.
The process is not fully documented yet (will be in later releases)
but it should be possible to mimic
what we are doing in edoc and syntax tools (in the R13B03 release and onwards).

/Kenneth