[erlang-questions] binary_to_term and leaking atoms

Jayson Vantuyl kagato@REDACTED
Mon Jan 4 09:28:32 CET 2010

On the up side, short atoms sound like a fantastic idea.  On the down side, atom GC sounds like it could easily kill performance.  I'd imagine that everything would have to stop when atoms were GC'd.  Even if not, I'd also imagine it would be a large and invasive change.

I don't suppose I could get a safe binary_to_term in the meantime?  What if I submitted a patch?