Possible supervisor patch

Filipe David Manana fdmanana@REDACTED
Fri Dec 17 13:48:44 CET 2010

Hi,

I find it useful to be able to restart a supervisor child with
arguments different from those specified in the MFA component of the
original child spec.
Is this completely against the principles of OTP supervisors/servers,
or something that may be added?

I made a quick and tiny patch that adds this feature and is working as I want:

https://github.com/fdmanana/otp/commit/a80f39109292c915ce56ea86b7e036b581f686b2

If someone from the OTP team confirms this might be considered for
inclusion, I'll be glad to refine it if necessary.

best regards,

--
Filipe David Manana,
fdmanana@REDACTED, fdmanana@REDACTED