[erlang-questions] Re: Speaking of comments

Edmond Begumisa ebegumisa@REDACTED
Fri Dec 17 08:01:45 CET 2010

On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 09:45:18 +1100, Richard O'Keefe <ok@REDACTED>
wrote:

> On 9/12/2010, at 4:15 AM, Edmond Begumisa wrote:
>
>> I've thought -- now and then, in the back of my mind -- about removing
>> comments from actual source all-together (for all languages) and
>> instead, putting them in companion files that the editor lines up
>> side-by-side. More like annotating than just traditional commenting.
>>
>> Has this sort of thing been done before? Is there a particular editor
>> that can give me this out of the box? (I admittedly haven't explored a
>> large number of editors)
>
> http://www.xemacs.org/Documentation/beta/html/lispref_52.html

AHA!! *This* looks close what I want. Nice :)

I've never been an emacs guy (you either are or your not.) This is a good
excuse to revisit emacs!

> I believe Eclipse and NetBeans also have some kind of annotation support.
> For XML documents, Amaya supports the Annotea protocol.
>>
>> It seems a shame that in 2010, it's still so limiting what we can do
>> with comments in our source code!
>
> _We_, kimosabe?
>
> My strictures against nesting comments do NOT apply to annotated
> annotations.

I didn't mean to comment on your comment! Just raising something I had
thought about.

- Edmond -