[erlang-questions] Multi-line comments in Erlang

Anthony Shipman als@REDACTED
Sat Dec 11 11:38:54 CET 2010

On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 07:58:21 am Richard O'Keefe wrote:
> for display.  There has long been a fashion in C for writing
>         /* long comments
>          * with stars at the
>          * beginning of every line
>          * and a lopside end
>          */
> which I have always found ugly.  But the existence of that fashion
> shows that there are many people who find value in their commentary
> being explicitly marked.

I believe that it was Rob Pike who recommended the stars to make comment
blocks stand out. This was way back in the '80s when it was common to print
out code on 132 column paper and pore over it off-line. Nowadays we have
syntax colouring and the stars can be abandoned.

--
Anthony Shipman                    Mamas don't let your babies
als@REDACTED                   grow up to be outsourced.