[erlang-questions] Multi-line comments in Erlang

Masklinn masklinn@REDACTED
Fri Dec 10 15:49:02 CET 2010

On 2010-12-09, at 16:58 , Daniel Goertzen wrote:
> Thank you for reminding me about HEREDOCs.  In Python, I often use triple
> quoted strings for multiline comments.  It works well, but they are exposed
> to the interpreter which smells a bit.
I believe they're discarded long before that unless they're bound to a variable or they're docstrings.

But even if that weren't the case, *nothing* guarantees comments aren't bubbled to the runtime. XML comments are part of its DOM, Haskell's comments are used to provide options to the interpreter or compiler, …