[erlang-questions] Generic server and state recovery

Alessandro Sivieri alessandro.sivieri@REDACTED
Thu Dec 9 19:09:14 CET 2010

2010/12/9 Jesper Louis Andersen <jesper.louis.andersen@REDACTED>

> I like to have other processes be responsible for data in the
> situation. The problem with "saving" data by a hail-mary exit trap is
> that the data may be quite corrupt it this point in time. So your
> system should be able to cope with any lack of sanitizing.

Well, my server process maintains a list of other processes associated with
unique keys in a dictionary, and I have found out that if the server process
itself crashes, I am able to recover process pids and keys directly from the
supervisor (I have a secondary dedicated supervisor for those processes);
for now I am not trapping exists, but it may become useful later...
I may also save that data in some persistent locus, if needed.

--
Sivieri Alessandro
alessandro.sivieri@REDACTED