[erlang-questions] Getting line number in backtrace?

Lukas Larsson lukas@REDACTED
Fri Dec 3 10:57:03 CET 2010

Hi,

there is right now no good way to get line numbers from crashes. In
common_test suites the code is instrumented using a parse_transform to
do this, but that solution works only when used within common_test.

There have been many discussions about this before, for one discussion
see
http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2005-August/016477.html

Personally I used to see it as a problem, but after a couple of months
working with it you get used to it. Also because error messages for
cases and if's are the hardest to figure out (imo) I tend to write
smaller function which do my conditions which in turn makes the system
easier to debug and maintain :)

Lukas