[erlang-questions] Setting TZ variable

Alain O'Dea alain.odea@REDACTED
Thu Dec 2 18:13:48 CET 2010

Out of curiosity, do you need to change the timezone at runtime?
Otherwise the shell shook be fine.  I use the shell approach to force
Zotonic into EST.

If you need runtime timezone handling I recommend using GMT and
putting in a dispay module to convert to the timezone needed by the
current process.  Otherwise you could get strange behavior when otwo
process change the global timezone and get muddled in context
switching.