[erlang-questions] Why Distributed Is So Hard

Evgeniy Khramtsov xramtsov@REDACTED
Mon Aug 30 12:27:56 CEST 2010

30.08.2010 20:01, Jayson Vantuyl wrote
> In particular, most distributed programming in Erlang is usually based on the assumption of a highly-available network layer (Mnesia, I'm looking at you).

Well, the main problem is network split. But I agree, distributed mnesia
tables are not a good way to scale, especially if you have lots of nodes.

> This post talks about why that isn't good enough for distributed, in general, and gives a way to think about the problem specifically.

Everybody knows that this approach has several drawbacks, but, due to
CAP-theorem, we don't have lots of choices - there is no silver bullet
for this subject.

--
Regards,
Evgeniy Khramtsov, ProcessOne.