[erlang-questions] Active mode and packet http

Steve Vinoski vinoski@REDACTED
Tue Aug 17 17:35:00 CEST 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 10:53 AM, Bob Ippolito <bob@REDACTED> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 10:36 PM, Ingela Andin <ingela@REDACTED> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I would like to make a quick survey to find out if there is anyone out
>> there that is
>> using active once or active true socket option together with the  inet
>> option {packet, http | http_bin} .
>> If you are please drop me a line
>>
>> Yaws and Mochiweb seems to use passive mode.
>
> I've played with {active, once}, it seems like it might be a little
> bit faster than passive. A future version of mochiweb might use it, at
> least for the request line and headers, similar to what misultin does.

Bob, I think you're right -- we just did some measurements last week
that appeared to show that {active, once} is indeed a bit faster than
passive mode.

Ingela, I use {active, once} for HTTP headers in the system I work on.

--steve