[erlang-questions] Module For Enforcing Password Strength

Michael Santos michael.santos@REDACTED
Tue Aug 17 03:24:28 CEST 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 09:05:23PM +0100, Gordon Guthrie wrote:
> Michael
>
> Aye Caramba!
>
> I will give it a go!
>
> Would you expect cracklib to be pretty NIF-tastic - a stable code base, a
> quick turn-around so the VM doesn't stall?

Stable enough to have the same bugs for many years it seems ;) I
just discovered that cracklib isn't thread safe and can crash the VM.
Apparently this was a problem in the python lib as well. I've put a lock
around calls to cracklib for now.

Password checks should be quick but it's possible that if you are doing
a large number of sequential checks in parallel other processes may
be starved.