very large distributed implementation?

Miles Fidelman mfidelman@REDACTED
Mon Aug 16 23:15:51 CEST 2010

Our of somewhat less than academic curiousity, are there any good
examples of very large distributed systems written in Erlang -
specifically systems consisting of 100s to 1000s of computing nodes?

I'm looking at several applications along the lines of SETI@REDACTED and
distributed.net, that take the background cycles, from very large
numbers of machines, and turn them into a gridded processing environent.

It strikes me that Erlang should make a very nice platform for such an
environment.  I wonder if anyone has actually done anything on this scale.

Thanks,

Miles Fidelman