[erlang-questions] Removal of the keyword 'query'.

Andrew Thompson andrew@REDACTED
Mon Aug 16 05:36:23 CEST 2010

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 03:29:34PM -0700, Steve Davis wrote:
> I'd like to suggest that the keyword query be removed from Erlang.
>
> It's unused. It's been unused for a long time. It's highly
> inconvenient to avoid that atom when it's the right atom to use.

+1 for this. Although, it'll be quite a while before it becomes safe to
use. Might not hurt to review some of the other reserved keywords that
have never been used, too (like feeing up 'let' for parse transforms).

Andrew