[erlang-questions] Stopping of Erlang app hangs when mnesia stopped from within the program

Mazen Harake mazen.harake@REDACTED
Fri Aug 13 18:32:07 CEST 2010

  The application controller is already busy trying to stop your app,
when you do mnesia:stop() I suspect it is trying to call the application
controller to stop it but the application controller is already busy
trying to stop your app, when you do mnesia:stop() I suspect it is
trying to call the application controller to stop it but the application
controller is already busy trying to stop your app.

:)

Use a boot file to handle startup of your applications or a function
which starts mnesia and then starts your app (and the reverse in a stop
function).

 > Should I not use these prototype functions within a fully fledged
erlang app?
No you shouldn't

/Mazen