Job Posting -- Work at Cloudant

Alan Hoffman alan@REDACTED
Fri Aug 13 17:54:06 CEST 2010

Hi All-

Cloudant is looking for seriously talented developers that think concurrently to join our team and help us extend our hosted CouchDB data platform.  You would be working with experts in distributed erlang, CouchDB, search, and high-availability cloud services.  Check out our job posting below, and send me an email if you're interested.

Cheers

Alan Hoffman
Co-founder, Cloudant

+++++++++++++++++++
At Cloudant we're building a hosted data platform based on Apache CouchDB.  We're serious about data management, analytics, search and distributed systems.  Our founding team consists of 3 physics PhDs from MIT and our company includes experts in database tech, devops, analytics, UI/UX, and search.

We're looking for talented and passionate software engineers to join us at our Boston and Seattle offices.  You should be a technical generalist ready and eager to jump into any problem and able to learn the skills necessary to do so.  You will be working closely with our CTO on the core parts of our data platform and have the opportunity to influence product development at the highest levels.  Our only requirement is that you have experience writing Erlang/OTP applications.  While not necessary, experience with the other tools we use for our platform (C/C++, CouchDB, Chef) is a huge plus.  We're more impressed by talent, passion, and ability to execute well in a small team (since we are a small team). Here is a list of requirements and other things that can't hurt your chances:

REQUIREMENTS

Mastery of Erlang/OTP Applications for distributed systems

LIST OF THINGS THAT CAN'T HURT

Experience developing in C/C++
Familiarity with CouchDB and other NoSQL databases
Notable experience working on open-source projects
An advanced degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical field

Cloudant is a VC-funded software startup with offices in Boston and Seattle. Compensation includes full time salary, generous equity compensation plan, and benefits. More info at:

http://cloudant.com

To apply, visit cloudant.theresumator.com and include a resume and why you'd be a great fit for Cloudant