[erlang-questions] OOP in Erlang

Wed Aug 11 18:44:07 CEST 2010

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 6:35 PM, Scott Lystig Fritchie
<fritchie@REDACTED> wrote:
> Jesper Louis Andersen <jesper.louis.andersen@REDACTED> wrote:

> Second, the implementation is free to do whatever it wishes as long as
> it preserves the semantics.  Depending on how new you are to the Erlang
> world, you may not know about the hybrid heap VM, which can avoid the
> copy-between-processes behavior you mention above.

It was exactly for the reason of the Hybrid-heap VM I worded my
sentence as I did. But I think I would prefer the current VM simply on
the basis that modern CPU architectures probably has to let go of
cache-coherency. One large heap without cache coherency sounds like
trouble.

--
J.