[erlang-questions] writing a linked in driver by hand or using a tool.

Rapsey rapsey@REDACTED
Mon Aug 9 21:56:21 CEST 2010

I would say the modern way is to use a NIF. Especially in the upcoming R14,
it can replace linked-in drivers in most situations.  It can be coupled much
more tightly with your erlang code and it allows you to really use C just
for what is necessary. The resource data type with garbage collection is a
really kick-ass feature.
I'm in the process of rewriting my pretty complex linked-in driver (written
plain without edtk/dryerl) with a NIF, simply because it allows me to put
more of the functionality on the erlang side and it makes the entire
codebase much easier to handle and work with.

Sergej