page counter - thx for everyones help

Wes James comptekki@REDACTED
Fri Apr 30 21:17:51 CEST 2010

Here is the code so far:

-module('gpc').

-export([start/0, start/1, getc/0]).

start() ->
	ibrowse:start(),
	timer:apply_interval(3000, gpc, getc, []).

start(Interval) ->
	ibrowse:start(),
	timer:apply_interval(Interval*1000, gpc, getc, []).

getc() ->
	S = string:substr(
		binary_to_list(
			lists:nth(
				424,
				re:replace(
					erlang:element(
						4,
						ibrowse:send_req("http://192.168.1.1/printer/configu.html?autoref=0&weblang=0",
[], get)
					),
					"\\n",
					"",
					[global]
				)
			)
		),
	34),
	S2=list_to_integer(string:substr(S, 1, string:len(S)-10)),
	io:format("~w~n", [S2]).

So this by default gives me a page count every 3 seconds or I can put
in gpc:start(10) for 10 second intervals.

What I would like to do is take daily page counts and stick them some
where.  I could make a file on the system with the date as the name
(20100430.txt) and just write the value there or I could write the
value to mnesia and keep track via the data base.  I would be doing a
current count - yesterday count to get a total count for just each
day.  I'm doing this so I can keep track of what the students in a
university computer lab are printing each day.

If you have any suggestions, please drop them in this list :)

I'll be experimenting anyway since I've yet to read or write to a file
with erlang on a disc or gone beyond just reading what mnesia can do
via web page info.

thx,

-wes