[erlang-questions] Re: Problems Compiling Erlang R12B-5

Karthik Kailash karthik@REDACTED
Sat Apr 24 22:48:12 CEST 2010

Hi Matt,

I followed output of dmesg while I ran the build but there were no messages
at all.  I also ran top during the make process and saw that the memory
usage never went above 200M (out of 300M available).

Karthik

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 1:21 PM, Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@REDACTED> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 12:55:10PM -0700, Karthik Kailash wrote:
> > I am trying to compile Erlang on a debian system.  This is the output of
> the
> > Makefile:  http://kpaste.net/fc4 -- the errors are at the bottom of the
> > pasted output.
>
> Try giving your machine some (more) swap; something killed the build, and
> unless someone was being prolific with the kill command, the OOM killer
> would be the best bet.  dmesg will also provide more supporting evidence of
> that theory.
>
> - Matt
>
> --
> I'm not sure which upsets me more: that people are so unwilling to accept
> responsibility for their own actions, or that they are so eager to regulate
> everyone else's.

Karthik Kailash
SocialVision Inc.
"Online Television Becomes a Social Experience"
www.socialvisioninc.com
Phone: (408) 768-7704