[erlang-questions] monitor message queue of a process

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Thu Apr 22 12:51:17 CEST 2010

Roberto Ostinelli wrote:
> just another thing.
>
> can someone who knows the deep magic behind gen_server calls answer
> this simple question: can you build in gen_server a service that
> provides buffering to a process performing selective receives, and in
> this case should i be better off with async or sync calls?

I think the high-level way to approach this problem is to have
job-based rate regulation at the inputs of the system.

I have been working on such a component, which I am now getting
very happy with. Our own tests have been extremely promising, and
overall, it builds on our experiences from the AXD 301 and its
derivatives, our instant messaging systems.

BR,
Ulf W
--
Ulf Wiger
CTO, Erlang Solutions Ltd, formerly Erlang Training & Consulting Ltd

WE'VE CHANGED NAMES!

www.erlang-solutions.com