[erlang-questions] Re: Parameterized module idioms

Hynek Vychodil hynek@REDACTED
Sun Apr 18 01:48:01 CEST 2010

> To be fair there's edocs for all of the public functions and there's
> really only one parameterized module you have to use
> (mochiweb_request). It's really not that hard to figure it out, you
> only look in one place for the docs. Yes, it should have some
> expository documentation but that's not something I ever got around to
> doing, and it's why I never did the other stuff like make a webpage
> for it or release tarballs.
>
> -bob

To be fair there is edocs for all the public functions but in those
days It was mostly just only name of function, one sentence for some
one and may be there was some one with more but I was not lucky enough
to find them. Even information that Req (parameter of almost each
function) is implemented in mochiweb_request module was not pointed
from most of documentation if ever. Jayson Vantuyl is pointing in
another mail that same polymorphism can be done without parametrized
module and all this is just bad experience with one application. Yes,
it seems true. Well, parametrized modules doesn't bring more issues
than present in rest of Erlang.

--
--Hynek (Pichi) Vychodil