[erlang-questions] atomic read+delete operation on ETS record

Ulf Wiger ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Fri Apr 16 17:39:39 CEST 2010

Pablo Platt wrote:
> ETS has atomic operations like update_element and update_counter.
> Is there a way to read a record and delete it in the same operation without using a gen_server that manage the table?
>
> Is there a way to update a list inside a record in an atomic way?
> For example, mongodb and redis let you add and remove items from the beginning and end of lists.
> ETS records are Erlang terms so it might be possible and will be very useful.

I did a dirty hack 3 years ago trying to increase the number of things
that could be done atomically with ets:

http://www.erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2007-June/026998.html

BR,
Ulf W
--
Ulf Wiger
CTO, Erlang Solutions Ltd, formerly Erlang Training & Consulting Ltd

WE'VE CHANGED NAMES!

www.erlang-solutions.com