code:clash/0 borking when running eunit tests with rebar

Jeremy Raymond jeraymond@REDACTED
Fri Apr 16 15:31:55 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have a project with some eunit tests which run fine if I run them
through the erl console. I'm now attempting to run them with rebar.
One of my dependency applications (couchbeam) does a call to
code:clash/0 which is dying with the following error message when I
run $ rebar eunit

=INFO REPORT==== 16-Apr-2010::09:24:16 ===
    application: couchbeam
    exited: {bad_return,
                {{couchbeam,start,[normal,[]]},
                 {'EXIT',
                     {function_clause,
                         [{code,filter,[".beam",".eunit",error]},
                          {code,build,1},
                          {code,clash,0},
                          {couchbeam_deps,ensure,1},
                          {couchbeam,start,2},
                          {application_master,start_it_old,4}]}}}}

I can reproduce this without couchbeam as well by just calling
code:clash() directly in my eunit test:

*** context setup failed ***
::error:function_clause
  in function code:filter/3
    called as filter(".beam",".eunit",error)
  in call from code:build/1
  in call from code:clash/0
  in call from cdb_data_tests:setup/0

Any ideas as to what may be going on here (or how I might debug this
further)?

Thanks,

Jeremy