[erlang-questions] initializing library applications without processes

Bob Ippolito bob@REDACTED
Sat Apr 3 20:34:59 CEST 2010

You do need some process to own the ets tables, just don't send
messages to it after it's up.

An alternative is something like mochiglobal (in the mochiweb project)
which can be faster than ets for this kind of use case (only important
if you're reading from it often and/or the data is large). It's not
pretty because it's an abuse of the module system and code server...
but until something like it is officially in the VM it's worthy of
consideration ;)